Help Us Provide a Safe Environment
The Archdiocese of Saint Paul and Minneapolis mandates that all individuals who are in contact with children and/or vulnerable adults through a school, parish, or archdiocesan institution meet three criteria:
- A successful Background Check: Church of the Ascension, through the archdiocese, has contracted with a very reputable agency that has been used for years by the archdiocesan schools, parishes, and institutions to conduct background checks for all employees and volunteers.
- Participation in a VIRTUS Training session: VIRTUS is a program that identifies best practices designed to help prevent wrongdoing and promote “right doing” within religious organizations for the safe environment protection of youth and vulnerable adults.
- Volunteer Code of Conduct: Individuals who work or volunteer with children and/or vulnerable adults are required to sign the Volunteer Code of Conduct. This code outlines what a volunteer will and will not do in their volunteer capacity.
Steps to Volunteer
Please read and follow the steps below to complete the process for volunteering in the schools:
- Complete a volunteer application.
- Submit the Volunteer Application to the school office or directly to Margaret Conroy, ACA Volunteer Manager, via email. Margaret will follow up with you regarding volunteer interest.
- Await an email from our Human Resources department. It will provide a VIRTUS Account Registration Guide and additional forms to start the online Essential 3 process. Detailed instruction will be provided for online access and completion.
- Once you have completed all required steps in the Essential 3 process, you will receive a confirmation.
- Margaret Conroy will contact you to schedule volunteer time in the school.